You know that feeling of wanting to love and be loved? The feeling of wanting someone you love to talk to you when you are lonely, the feeling of wanting to hug, hold hands, look into his or her eyes and feel the butterflies singing and dancing while a gentle breeze blows your hair🤦😂😂, it's not an act of witchcraft. It is real!


Hey dear, it's not a sign that you are carnal either. Having that feeling does not mean you have fallen from Grace to grass. No! It is real and normal. In-fact, God put it in you for an appointed time which is in marriage, where it will be needed the most but it doesn't stop the fact that you will occasionally have those feelings. In-fact, if you don't experience them at all, I think we need to lay hands and feet on you😂.



       Now, the main question has been 'how to handle these awkward and trying moments', when your blood is 'hot' and your emotions need to be harnessed. This is one of the reasons why some young folks get into immorality. Most youngsters do not plan to sin consciously, but in order to satisfy their feelings, they unknowingly expose themselves to wrong counsel and information that explore those feelings rather than put them under control.


        I was between the age of 17 and 18 when God started working on my polluted mind. I had never been in a relationship at that time, but I occasionally had those 'weird' feelings ( I still do). At that time, because I didn't want to read those sex story lines like I used to, I would always get so angry with myself for not being "pure and holy". I felt I shouldn't feel that way at all, and the more I tried to suppress or make those feelings go away, the more intense they became. At some points, I gave up on myself, feeling that God had not "changed me".

Those trying times were times when I engaged myself with Facebook or movies (just to while away time) till I got better. I was trying to avoid whatever could implicate me by doing that, but the truth is that Facebook or Hollywood wasn't designed to help you.



So, I'll be sharing with you some important things that really helps.

1. Talk to the right people about it: This is the importance of having wise and godly  friends/counselors around you. Talking to the right people will help you, they will easily put you through that moment because they have also gone through it before.

 Prov.11.14 - Where no wise guidance is, the people fall, but in the multitude of counselors there is safety.
 
Remember Amnon, the son of King David. It was a wrong counsel from a wrong friend that led him to defile his sister and later cost him his life.

Be sure that your friends are godly and wise before talking to them about it. There is safety in the midst of godly counselors.


 2. Set boundaries: You know yourself best and you know your weak points. So, during those moments of your vulnerability, avoid the wrong kinds of visits, discussions, books, movies or anything you know that will put undue pressure on your emotions.


Another thing that works for me personally is that I listen to godly marriage counselors like Pastor Kingsley and Mildred Okonkwo.
When I listen to this kind of people, I do not just learn about the romance of marriage, they talk about the responsibilities involved too.
They also talk about God's plan for marriage and the assignments in marriage. So as I listen to them, I learn the truth about marriage and it's assignment and I see a lot of areas where I am lacking and need to work on before time and I tell myself the truth that I'm lacking in those areas. Instead of allowing myself to continue feeling emotionally weak, I re-strategize on areas I need to work on and start developing myself.


 3. Talk to the HOLY SPIRIT about it:
I remember talking to a friend sometime ago. I asked her what she does whenever her emotions are high. She simply told me how she talks to the Holy Spirit about it. She sincerely explains to him that her feelings are trying to take over and then ask for His help, and you can be sure he always comes through.


Dear ladies and gentle guys, the Holy Spirit loves you and knows so much about you than you think.
Talking to him about this is letting him into your affairs to help you walk through those moments.
I am sure that during those times, you wouldn't feel like reading your Bible or praying. Even when you try praying, it just doesn't flow.
Friend, try gisting with the Holy Spirit about it. He is a friend that sticks closer than a brother. What will happen is that he will make you feel better through that moment of fellowship. He could also show you what you need to do to ease you. Don't form spirituality for him. Do not think he is not interested in your emotions.

 The Holy Spirit is as interested in your emotional well-being as he is in your spiritual growth. He wants you to talk and relate with him about everything.

You can just start right away!😊


I LOVE YOU❤️❤️❤️